I don’t know if I believe in manifesting but I definitely believe in the power of community and the power of saying what you want (possibly this is manifesting?) so here I go:
I have been teaching for 11th years and I currently teach at the best school I know. We are not perfect by any means but we work hard to try to do what’s best for kids and I feel like we succeed more often than not. I love this work and yet…
I need a shift, a new challenge, I need something… So I am going to lay out somethings I am looking for and will them into exsistence
- I am doing a doctorate so I have to be in San Diego for a least another year.
- I don’t want a classroom teaching gig. If I am going to teach in a classroom I will stay at my school, again cause it’s amazing
- I have been teaching 9-11 grade math for the last 10 years and I have lots of content knowledge but my area of expertise is classroom culture, getting kids to work together, and relationships
- I have a certificate from the Restorative Practices Institute to train others in it but since doing it have real weird feelings about the colonization enacted by IIRP (I should actually write a blog post about my training there but that’s for later)
- I want to work somewhere that not only values equity and racial diversity but wants to promote radical change in public education
- I have CA admin credential and was applying for Assistant Principal types jobs and would still like to do that type of work
- I would love to work with teachers
- I would love to work with preservice teachers
- My current research focus is white teachers who work with students of Color
Anyway, if you know something or know of somewhere that might be a good fit for me let me know. I am just putting this out there.
Edited to include: part of the reason for this post is that I love grad school and while I always thought I had a set plan for my life after 3 years of reading and research (which I LOVE) I no longer have any idea what I want to be when I grow up.