Four years ago I started a tradition of taking a selfie everyday for the month of February. If was silly fun and I got to see the faces of people I don’t see everyday and I love.
Weirdly the world is not the same as it was four years ago so I am slightly adjusting this year. Here’s the plan:
- Everyday for the month of February I will post a selfie
- Everyday for the month of February I will donate a small amount of money (less than 5 dollars) to a different charity or organization that is fighting the fight.
- I will link to that organization both in my post (I am making my instagram public for this but will also tweet and facebook)
Here’s what I need from you:
- Join me! I am posting the first one today. Start tomorrow and use my same organization (you definitely can chose your own)
- Send me organizations that need support to continue their fight. This is a big one. I am not going to perfectly vet every single one so if you have one you love send it my way. (comment here, tweet at me, comment on facebook)
- If you don’t agree with an org I donate to choose your own!
- Hashtag all your posts #selfieshellout
If you donate $2 a day this is a $56 commitment. My plan is to cut out fast food by myself this month which should more than cover this. Maybe you do one week or maybe you do $10 a day. I don’t know your life.
I am starting with my local NPR station KPBS. But here’s an easy way to find yours.
So with out further ado. #selfieshellout
Today I am donating to KPBS in order to help protect the first amendment and also because I love NPR Politics Podcast and Pop Culture Happy Hour. #Selfieshellout