At some point this month Grace Bonney of Design Sponge wrote an article about things that scare her. It started a few years back and a bunch of design and lifestyle bloggers jumped on board and did it then. I can’t remember if MTBoS jumped in or not but we were a smaller community then and maybe it wasn’t such a thing. Anyway, I thought this week I’d follow Grace’s lead and write the five things I am afraid of.
1. I am afraid I am not doing enough.
This one is pretty straight forward. I spend a ton of time worrying about that one kid and what they are having for dinner or that other kid and how they are suddenly failing all their classes. How do I help? Can I help? Should I help?
2. I am afraid I am gonna piss off my colleagues or my boss.
I am not an easy person to like. I have strong options and almost no ability to shut up sometimes. I would like to do more things and different things and I need the support of my colleagues and my boss to do this. So, how do I balance the line between saying what is important and not being unbelievably difficult?
3. I’m scared I will get depressed again and it will ruin my life (again).
I don’t know how to explain this one. It is just always there. Hanging out.
4. I’m scared I am too introverted. People who meet me and don’t know me think this is ridiculous. I am good in a crowd. I can make friends at work and, as I said earlier, I have no fear sharing my thoughts or feelings. But here’s the thing, I require MAJOR recharge time. If I go out two or more evenings in a week I pretty much want to spend the weekend alone. If I can think of an excuse not to leave my house I will probably take it. I don’t really want to do things on the weekend. This leads in my last and probably biggest fear.
5. I am afraid I will never find a partner.
I don’t think I am terribly easy to like and I don’t like people terribly easily. How the hell does that lead to a relationship?
Anyways, thanks for listening to my over share. If you’re interested in joining I’m hash tagging this #5fears
Personal Stuffs: This next week has a lot of things happening in the evenings. I am preparing myself for this.
Classroom Stuffs: I did some really hope to continue that this week.
Personal Change: I walked 3 days this week. I hope to do the same this week. Also I used the Konmari method to clean my closet, next week I tackle my books.
Classroom Change: I’m just going to try to live through the crazy this week.
Reading: I’m working my way through The Life Changing Making of Tidying Up. This is how I cleaned my closet.
Watching: Not much at all. There was a lot happening this week.
Your assigned reading: Or really watching this week: Amy Schumer is AMAZING.