This has hasn’t always been a strictly math or strictly education blog but what it has always been is mine. So I bring to you more me with:
“Things in the Interwebs. (That you should probably know about)”
- Yesterday was International Women’s Day! This article about the power of educating girls is awesome. It’s called, “You’ve Been Lied to, and Other Truths About Educating Girls.” This is not just a small thing. This is a HUGE deal.
- I am a feminist. Another super awesome feminist is Anita Sarkeesian. The insane misogyny she dealt with when she wanted to look at women in video games was appalling and shocking. You should take 10 and watch her TED talk or just read the accompanying article.
- If you are looking for good things the internet does Amanda Palmer straight up won TED.
- Did you kn0w the solution to guns in schools is guns in schools? South Dakota does. (Prediction: this goes to shit FAST)
- The way we think and talk about other women is important. I cannot tell you how many articles of hate I have read recently about Anne Hathaway and the butt of everyone’s joke Katherine Heigl.
- Have we hit the end of Feminism? My students think so. (This is kinda long)
Things on the Interwebs that have little purpose.
- I told you I would like “Call me maybe” no matter the words. I even like it mashed up with Rage Against the Machine.
- Sometimes I like the same music as my dad. It’s cool.
- I think there is a chance that no one gets current teenagers like John Green author of “A Fault in Our Stars” and “Looking for Alaska.” Also he talked to Obama and it made me giggle. Also, he’s a feminist.
Okay, I’m done.