30 before 30
The worst thing about packing is touching all of your crap. The worst thing about unpacking is doing it again.
While unpacking I found a list I made back when I was twenty-five of 30 things I want to do before I’m thirty. There are a few I am pretty sure won’t happen now but there are about 5 I have completed.
(some have been excluded for, like, internet is forever reasons.)
- get Masters (Spring 2014)
- go to Europe
- own my car/ be debt free
- be department chair (probably not but my goals have shifted)
- build a piece of furniture
- learn some photography
write 10,000 words cook a full Thanksgiving dinner (I’m counting Friendsgiving) Have a super excellent Halloween costume (I was a rad suffragette)
try yoga for a month (done last year but I hope to do it again)
- Teach Calculas (not really a goal anymore)
- own a dog
- run a half marathon (dumb goal, maybe a 10 K?)
- learn a new sport
- travel for a week with no itinerary
- eat $200 sushi. (i really like this goal)
get published.(I’m counting APW but I’m hoping to get academically published this upcoming year.)
- go to Vegas. (except I don’t really care)
- have THE BEST birthday party.
- read LOTR.
- hangout all day in a ski lodge.
stay in a really nice hotel.
- I left this blank. maybe to add now?
- finish my tattoo.
- teach mulligan a trick (never gonna happen)
- rewatch Lost. (why did I write this?)
- own something from tiffany’s (again, seriously, 25-year-old me?)
- Sunday crossword in pen.
So why the sharing? Accountability. I hope to do 4-5 more before I turn 28.
Happy Summer, friends.